Saturday, March 8, 2008

flower-still life






I've been working a set of still life images. They are 6 x 6 inches and I'm exploring new styles and textures of paintings. I'm using acrylic for now and I will try oils on a smaller scale when I get to use these media again. This is a further search to find my creative voice.






This is the first stage where I laid out the color and values.





This the second stage, where I began using a medium from Liquitex called Pumice Stone, I used it to bring out the texture of the flowers in the background more into the foreground. I want it touchable. Almost like a frieze. However I don't want to overwork the painiting since it's so small with textures.










I'm getting to the finishing stages of this painting. It's turning out really well. I want to add more color to the leaves, they look kind of dull and I will finish the flower on the top. I like how some of the flowers go off the page and guides the eye front to back and right to left. I tried to create a triangular composition, Hopefully it was achieved.

















No comments: